Wednesday, September 11, 2013

First post since being home, since having malaria. It's true, malaria and I became acquainted, a little too acquainted...it's a bipolar type of visitor...you feel ok, then wait just kidding you feel bad again. And a Dr decided to inform me what the little parasites were doing in my body...my body got to be their bathroom. Gross. That week, was tough...my parent's on the other side of the world would answer phone calls, my dad would talk with Drs taking care of me. They put their trust in the Lord for what  was happening. I had friends by my side willing to take care of me, stay at the hospital, bake brownies (thanks Em!)... people were praying to my Healer, God. I thought I would go home..that I wouldn't stay in London as planned.  But with a steep price to change a ticket, feeling so much better, and talking it over with my mom, I stayed in London.  Stephanie, a volunteer and friend over the summer flew on the same flight as I did going home. Just sweet details that had been planned before the dawn of time. In fact it was one of the first things I learned about Steph....that we were traveling back to London on the same day. And so we did...stayed in a hotel for a night and got to do a little sight seeing the next day! So much happened over the summer. I was able to see much, work with children, learn, was asked challenging spiritual questions, eat different foods, make new friends.  You know, I went over there... to Uganda.  I was still Sarah. I wasn't any more qualified to go there than others here...I am not even a peds nurse.  I struggled about going, not thinking I was fit to go, especially spirtually. But He choose to allow me to go. There will be more posts, there will be posts about this summer. But for now, here is the first one being home in the States :) Until next time, Auntie Sa

No comments:

Post a Comment