Saturday, May 18, 2013

A cocacola and a brownie at the table (my dentist would be so happy, at least I have a straw:) This marks my 2nd week here in Uganda. I have tasted the local food, been bare feet in the house, if you know me this is a challenge :), have been to a local hospital, let's just say we have incredible health care services offered at home, cleaned utensils (ya know the old fashion way, boil them in water!), seen a lot of farm like animals, the neighbors pet monkey in one of Ekisa's trees, met new people.... the weather here is hot but it cools off in the evening. Dry season is to come in June. Tomorrow I get to be part of a great community of believers here in Jinja. The weekend is pretty laid back here, so I have down time.  I confess, I am the anxious type, I try and move in to the future instead of staying where I am. I carry around my burdens, instead taking them over and over to my Father. It's challenging to submit. I know I have friends praying for my time here. It seems like an extended amount of time that I am here, but it really isn't that long in the scheme of my life. I had the opportunity to speak with my brother this week. He spoke wisdom when he shared how the Christian life isn't meant to be a sprint he encouraged me to soak it all in, this time I am in, here in Uganda. It's more comfortable at home, easier to call up friends family at many times during the day. Will you join in praying that I will rely Christ. This up coming week isn't booked with a lot of things, for now:) I have the privilege in working with a local nurse here. She knows a lot and is familiar with the children, pray for wisdom and compassion as we work with the children. Enjoy the weekend, time with family and friends, and for many, fellowship.  and GO GRIZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment