Sunday, June 16, 2013

The day of the dad!

It has been about 1.5 months since I first arrived here in Jinja! Life is more settled here, I am more familiar with the tasks the nursing aspects here, although different things can certainly spring up! I am more confident on a bota, can light the gas stove top (but I haven't been brave enough to light the oven, I need my pyro brothers for that :). Over these past weeks we have gone to different appointments for the kids, they can take a bit to get there, but the drive to a place called Mbale is beautiful! It is supposed to be dry season here, although it rained here today. It was actually cooler here today. It does get hot and humid here, but that Memphis heat, well it's that southern heat back home that still is pretty bad. I went to my first time country vs country soccer game yesterday! Uganda vs Angola, and Uganda won...it was an experience...lots of people, fanatics of the Cranes (the team name), dancing, music..from what I have been told it is for qualifications for the world cup in Brazil, which between USA and Brazil, they are my teams I support :). Today, as many people know is Father's day. My dad and I are close. I still remember as a little girl spraying ice cream out of either my nose or mouth in his truck, a song he made up about "watermelon, watermelon, scratch my head" enjoyer of vacations, and our time in Brazil, our song "Butterfly Kisses", supporter of our sport games, financial supporter of our family, father to 4 amazing children :), husband to my mom... but he would tell you that the most important decision in his life, was to become a follower of Christ. I am thankful for you Dad. You've pointed me to our Father and because of your goofiness, I hope that I can marry someone that is funny too, of course he will probably need to learn to like those Texas aggies! You are loved so much by your family, te amo muito and have a Happy, Happy Father's day to you! See you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment