Monday, July 1, 2013

Life here

The sun is in and out and it's hot.. Got a cold glass bottled coke in Kimaka with a straw (Not a big fan of water..can you tell?) In the evenings and mornings it gets cool here, which you may think "Africa=hot" but not always. I have said it already, but it is beautiful here! It's so green and a lot of crops: corn, sugar cane, and tea. Then of course you will see the baby chicks, chickens, roosters, goats, cows roaming around. I got to feed the neighbor's pet monkey this past week, Jack! It is really cute, though today it must have come loose because it did not want to come to Mal or I and so it wandered to the nearby neighbors' yard. Our house is still mostly full. The summer months are busy with people on mission trips and volunteers here in Jinja. People are here with different stories of how they came to volunteer at Ekisa, from different parts of the country, different stages of life. It is neat how you can become friends with people fast. It's good being able to talk with someone, hang out, pray together with new friends..friendships are so great and God has blessed me with new friends here. Yesterday several girls and I were in town, at first a few of us attempted to go to Market where you can buy all sorts of things...produce, meat, wire hangers, and then you can go to an open air clothing market..African thrift store style! Though the clothing market was closed yesterday, so I am sure that we will go soon. It has been almost been 2 months since I have been here, I have learned how to do different things! No, I don't know where I will go next or exactly what I will be doing in the next year, but He knows. I know I have a home to go home to, I have friends I get to spend time with, family to be with, and a precious little nephew on the way in August! Until then, I have time here, time to live here, eat rice, beans, g-nut sauce (like a peanut), laugh, be part of life here. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment