Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hola! I have made it here safely and have housemates with geckos(I believe one has a bug in its mouth now) and bugs (mom you would be proud..i got a spider out of a girls hair today)...slighly humorous when we arrived at the airport becuase we had to stand in front of a heat sensor to see if we had fever r/t (for you dad and lar) swine flu, along with a questionair to fill out, and then many workers wore masks. We were then shortly greeted with humidity that I belive is worse than Memphis..believe it or not. The protection center is amazing.. Bill and Teresa have such a heart for the people here and the children that live here. Today we were able to spend time with the older girls and just eat and fellowship...we tried the American thing..appetizers and that was a new concept to the girls living here. The fruit well it is amazing here! We also went into town with the women from the Faith team and helped as they led a women conference..it was an amazing turn out and had topics about fruits of the spirit to abuse.
One thing that happened that I did not anticipate was my Itouch is "fried" I know God has a plan even for this unexpection. God is at work here and I hope tomorrow to see baptisims at a river. Well I need to head to bed..hasta luego and buenos noches! Tchau pei.... eu te amo muito! tell mom and the siblings hey for me..sonic when I get back! hey KTbug..I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Say (Pop's nickname para voce')...Double cheese burger will be waiting for you at Sonic...just u and me. Logan and his friends had to cut their survivor camping trip short 'cause Logan lost the immunity challenge (actually dark rain clouds were getting ready to soak their tent if they didn't get out of Dodge). Daniel and Blair came by for a little bit and mom and I took a nap...twitter chatter. Que tenha um bom dia. Tchau de seu pai de Memphis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sar! Ah, I'm so excited to hear about everything... I can't wait to talk to you in person. So sorry I missed your call- but it seriously made my day to hear your message! I hope you're having a great time, and getting a lot of experience under your belt... I know the Lord is going to do amazing things through you! Te amo!

    *p.s. i'm going to be setting up skype hopefully tomorrow (if it works)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sarah! I'm glad to know you made it safely and had a great first day! The Lord has wonderful plans for you. You are such a beautiful person, and we love you! We will be praying for you and those whose lives will be touched by God through you!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete