Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I finally got my passport in the mail yesterday...nothing like getting it two weeks beforehand! It is so blank... I will have to work on that. I am so looking forward to this trip... God's timing is perfect and this trip has come at a wonderful time in my life. A year and a half ago I started nursing school... last semester was one of the toughest times in my life. I had a knee injury playing soccer which really impacted school and had to miss a nursing test, therefore my final was weighted more. The final didn't go very well and I found out that I would have to repeat most of the semester. I was so upset... I did not want to go through it again ( I am sure I told God I couldn't do it)...but God had different plans. I was to be taken through the fire... throughout the trial God allowed me to see why I did not pass... because He loves me so much... I still remember that precious moment with my Father. Not the way I would have chosen, but I can look back at that time and see Him. In Hebrews 12:7, Believers are to "endure hardship as discipline," for this is God treating us as His children.... one of my favorite verses during this time was in vs 12, "Therefore strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 'Make level paths for your feet,' so that the lame may not be disabled but rather healed"... and also Isaiah 55: 8- 13.
So I thought I would do summer school to graduate on time... this was to not happen either! Through different doors I have been lead here..to this trip. What a journey...highs and lows... and God is faithful through it all.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing to see God in our lives, whether in trials or in the good times! At least you are seeing His hand now, and not having to wait years down the road to look back and see!! God has such wonderful plans for your life. I, too, am seeing God's hand in my life, and am also seeing how Satan is railing against it! It's a fascinating journey. I'm glad to have a place we can connect and keep up with each other. Hope everyone is well there.
    Love you,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen! Thanks for the encouragement! This whole blogging thing is new to me.. I might need your help! I am glad you have one! Love you too! Tell those sweet kiddos hey for me! Miss ya'll!

    ReplyDelete