Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hello everyone...so we are going into the second week here and it has been an emotional experience and not for the reasons one might think. It is an honor to be here and be part of what God is doing here... and one verse that is so amazing is in Esther 4 :14..for if you remain silent at this time relief and deliverance will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish."such an appropriate vs for what we have faced. This verse, for one thing, shows and demonsrtates that God's plan has already been set in place and that He has won... it is a way to be humbled..one thing I ask for prayer for myself in this..that I will be humble. Amy and I are here to serve Christ..I ask that this will be prayed for..that His will alone will be accomplished and that we will seek Him daily and rely on Him...another thing needed is lice shampoo and that it can be erradicated..impossible as it may seem in a third world country...all things are possible through Him. One little girl has chicken pox..pray for this as well becuase not every child here has had this..that it can be quickly over and for the health of the children. There are so many things here that have been brought to attention..unspoken right now but please be in prayer here for the leaders, the teams, the children, discipline, and above all that the Love of Christ will be shown in abundance to these children and that salvation will come to the children and those here who do not know Christ. Right now I believe that I need to be here at the center and not in the medical clinic..I even ask for prayer about that..for it to go smoothly and for me to know if and when I need to return back to the clinic. Thank you so much for your love and support..the power of prayer is so amazing and I know that Faith and friends of our family are praying for us...God is teaching me and showing me things and we have been blessed with Amie and Jeremey Miles here..for their wisdom, support, and friendship. Please pray for them as they are in the transition of moving..also in the clinic last week a young girl came in who had been molested..please pray for her..for true love to be shown to her and if she does not know Christ..she too will come to know Him...abuse here is in abundance..as it is in the Sates..please be in prayer for this...thank you so much again! (I am sorry for spelling errors)
Because of Him

3 comments:

  1. I will pray. And God will meet you where you need Him-even if you can't see Him now. I love you and I hope and pray that things go well there...
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can already tell in such a short period of time how your perspectinve has changed...even in adversity...and your widsom about how all this was put into your path even before you were born. I continue to pray for you out loud (makes people look at me while I drive)...and I continue to be extremely proud of my "little grill" (insider chatter),Eu te amo and sim Jesus me ama e voce' Tchau, seu pei

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah I can see such much of Gods wisdon and healing in what you are saying and doing .. I am so proud and honnored to say that we are great friends and family in a way. I love ya very much and the rest of the longerre gang. love Dave

    ReplyDelete