Sunday, June 14, 2009

So now I am heading into my fourth week!! A team from Georgia just left yesterday and we had a great time getting to know them and fellowship with them..love yall and thanks for the fun and fellowship! I have heard about the storm at home and heard there was another bad storm this morning... I dont think everyone's power is up yet so I hope that comes up there on the next day..Memphis humidity sure is rough! This past week I worked in the clinic a little...in the clinic I have been able to see a lot...I have also been able to participate in patient care (ie finger pricks and shots). One day this past week I was given a mask due to patients coming in with flulike symptoms. Megan, Amy, and I were able to go with the team and visit a barrio where many of the people have a 'job' of sorting through garbage... I do not believe I have ever been to a place as filthy as this place..it was awful..and this is how they live....and not everyone had a job. There is such an incredible need here..please be in prayer for this place..most importantly for people to come to know Christ and also for health, for education for the children, food, clothes...despite what is of this world.. God's love is so great for these people..and one man that Christ shines through is Pastor Felix..please be in prayer for him the church there as they reach out to the people...that the people will be receptive and will grow. With this team we were also able to have the Lord's supper one night and share devotion with them..I know I mentioned it earlier but the time getting to know them was great..it was such a joy and blessing! We were able to go a volcano with them...so neat...smoke was coming out..just really a cool sight to see! We also went to the beach with the group.. the beach had black sand and a whole lot of beautiful shells! Another group is coming tonight from Georgia...ya'll have a great week! Thanks for all the love and prayers! God is so amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Oi minha linda filha. Sim Jesus me ama e voce'! Que tenha um bom dia...Tchau, seu pai

    ReplyDelete