Saturday, June 6, 2009

So about to go into the third week... beyond what I expected.... from my stethoscope coming apart to trails here.... there have been different emotions.... as hard as it is...even now..I know God allowed me to come here for a reason....thank you for your prayers.. I read this last night in Mrs Beth Marshall's book I Danced in Africa, "Prayer does not fit us for greater works- prayer is the greater work. Prayer does not win the battle - it is the battle!" And I am continuing to ask for prayer... that God will use me and I will do what He has called me here to do and for me to let things go. A new team is coming tonight here about 1130 pm! Today Amy, Megan, and I went into Leon and saw the 2nd Night of the Museum! It was fun to see the movie..it was in English with Spanish subtitles. We also shopped..I pulled a tourist thing today..I had 4 bracelets picked out thinking I was about to get them for 100 cordovas (= to about $5) haha..oh no..they had said $600 cordovas...yes I felt bad and apologized..buying nothing from this stand..oh me! Leon also has bread shops that sell this amazing tasting bread that has what I think is honey in it. There is so much need here...there are beggers..we saw several children and other ages as well. We just finished up kids week...yesterday they had a pinata..and candy..Amie Miles and I participated in a folk dance with several of the ladies that work at HCN...we had the dresses..hair and makeup..quite entertaining. Thanks again for your prayers and support! Btw back at home I know college and career did a block party in Binghampton..please pray that relationships will be developed and lives will be saved! Hope it was great, guys!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah When you get the chance read Exodus Chapter 3 and let me know if God speaks to you ..love David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Dave..how crazy is this! I was in mass today and had my Bible with me and started reading in Exodus...and guess where I got to!? Chap 3..havent finished it yet..but that is so neat that you mentioned that! God is so awesome! Thanks for your sweet encouragement...it is great to have! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah the Lord put it on my heart to say that to you Love ya Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna see pics of this "folk dance"! :) te amo sar!

    ReplyDelete