Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today was a great day! I am able to help with a medical team that is here and that has been such a great opportunity to be part of...I have been able to tell patients about the meds they are to take, take blood pressures, blood sugar check, and translate. It has been so neat to be able to practice what I have studied and learned about. Today we had a patient that had a high blood pressure along with a blood sugar level of 408! Please pray for her and her health..it is very poor and that she has a personal relationship with Christ. Also pray for a medical student here..she has been helping with the medical team...she is so kind and has been very helpful...she has 2 children, one is sick right now...the other has a medical condition ( I am not sure what it is..she told Megan and I in Spanish).. please pray for this precious family....they need a door for their house..and that they will be provided with health and income to support her family. Tomorrow I get to be with the med team again and hopefully head to the beach with the groups here!

2 comments:

  1. Well that day sounds exciting! Sounds like you're getting some good experience ;) Have fun at the beach tomorrow. And I'm definitely praying... for you and those you wrote about! love you sar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi minha filha bonita...um semana to go...we'll have a celebration of all celebrations when you get back. We miss your presence and your voice...your smiles and dry wit...could even be a Redbirds game in it for ya...glad you've having a great week...I love you and miss you...don't forget to remember me...eu te amo, seu pai

    ReplyDelete